The actor is suing ABC, Nine, and Christie Whelan Browne, his co-star in The Rocky Horror Show, for defamation, bullying, and harassment while working on the 2014 film.

His lawsuit for defamation in the New South Wales Supreme Court, according to The Western Australian, was started in 2018 but put on hold after four women accused him of assault and indecent assault during the Rocky Horror show. This man was charged with defamation, but he was acquitted and his case was reopened after he pleaded not guilty and was found not guilty last year.

On Friday, an unnamed Neighbourss co-star will give evidence in McLachlan’s defence case that she was sexually harassed by him, including having his hands on her breasts (October 22).

Justice John Sackar will preside over a four-week trial beginning in May of next year after the case is heard by a jury

As McLachlan has previously stated, he denies all allegations made against him “For all intents and purposes, these appear to be simple inventions made for financial or public relations purposes. Whatever the case may be, to the best of my knowledge, they are untrue.”

“Utterly and entirely false” says the former Neighbours star of the allegations made by three actresses.

At the Rocky Horror Show stage production in 2014, three women have accused the 52-year-old of unwanted touching and harassment.

McLachlan has withdrawn from the 2018 stage adaptation of the cult film, which had its world premiere on New Year’s Eve in Adelaide.

It’s been reported that McLachlan exposed himself to Scundi by kissing her bottom inappropriately, kissing Heynatz without her permission, and kissing Whelan Browne inappropriately, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).

When asked about the women’s claims, McLachlan — who is married to orchestra conductor Vanessa Scammell — said they were “entirely false” and questioned their motives.

“Since they appear to be simple inventions made for financial gain or notoriety, we can assume they are. Whichever way you look at it, they’re completely untrue to the best of my knowledge “In an email to ABC, he made this claim.

The women say they’ve come forward to speak out in order to keep the current cast members safe from any further harassment.

Originally playing Frank N Furter in 1993, McLachlan returned in 2013 and 2014 to reprise the role.

As soon as they learned of the allegations, the Gordon Frost Organization, which produces the show, released a statement saying they were “shocked”

Author

A passionate ink singer with the idea of sharing the new vision and different perspectives on various concepts and thoughts in good reads. Also, aims for spreading the word with the best SEO techniques. 

Write A Comment